I feel like that is all I have to say after this yesterday’s firing of Joe Paterno. This is a blog and its my blog which only means its my opinion. Which is that the Board of Trustees was wrong for firing Paterno. Why? Because the guy not only build a successful football program he also give half or even more of his life to Penn State.
When he first found out about the allegations of one of his then assistant coaches he reported it to the university, which was the right thing to do. The university then should have taken the necessary steps on the case and now Paterno should not be suffering the consequences of others actions.
A phone call to fire him is a dishonor to everything he did for Penn State, Now after his successful career all he will be known for is this scandal that everyone is talking about which in my opinion is very sad.
Paterno had already announced he would retire at the end of the season why not just let him finish what he started? And just finish out his final year!
The students outside rioting have all the right in the world to be upset and they like me are voicing their opinion.
I just hope Mr. Paterno’s reputation is not ruin and that I am not defending a man that truly does not need to be defended.
No comments:
Post a Comment